Author Topic: Whats for supper ?  (Read 105886 times)

Offline Double B

• Dirt Dabber
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Whats for supper ?
« Reply #960 on: March 10, 2018, 03:24:46 PM »
We are staying tuned in Rabbitproof. Hopefully you can check in after supper or at least survive until morning. I am about to put a chicken outside on the rotisserie and then later debone and make chicken flautas with a green dipping sauce. Beans and Mexican rice to accompany it along with chips and salsa.
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere Z950M

Offline crazyhorse

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 10, 2018, 10:44:37 PM »
Mrs Rabbit, I hope all goes well.

Tonight for supper we had:
Baked chicken,
Green beans,
tater salad,
maters,
pickled beets,
real cornbread,
Diet Pepsi & apple pie.

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 11, 2018, 09:40:35 AM »
Well, folks, I am still alive!! I am blown away....the grilled cheeses were perfect and delicious. Come to find out he said he made a million of them when in college, because it was the only thing he knew how to make...said his buddy taught him how. Now, we have been married for 46.5 yrs and how did I not know that? Well, well,well....he has made a big mistake letting the cat out of the bag. HA,,,He WILL be making those for us again on nights when I am "all cooked out"... and the weather is too bad for him to grill outside. He said he was surprised he had not lost the touch after 50+ years!!

woodchip gardener

« Reply #963 on: March 11, 2018, 12:20:16 PM »
oh rabbit...i am glad you made it!  even happier it worked out for you!  didn't have to cook and the grill cheese he made was delish.  bonus!   ;D

you have inspired me.  i am gonna tell hub he is on cooking tomorrow and see what he says.  i know he knows how to cook, but what he will make is beyond me. 

hub is working tonight, so the little one and i will have something simple.  i was at the store earlier and picked up half a pound of hickory smoked turkey breast that was on sale at the deli.  i think i will have some as a really nice sandwich for dinner.  :)  i picked up a bowl of mixed fresh fruit they had on markdown.  i think we will have that and the little one will have pb crackers to go with hers (she does not eat sandwiches).  easy night!

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 11, 2018, 12:22:21 PM »
Woodchip....love those "easy" nights!!!

Online Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 12, 2018, 06:16:52 PM »
G'day All,
I did a Basil & Tomato Seafood Marinara on a bed of steamed rice , followed with a Blueberry tart for afters ,& this was  washed  down with a  Hazelnut coffee.
         Regards Pete
Life is like a roll of toilet paper, The closer you get to the end the faster it goes, So don't waste any of it!!

Offline crazyhorse

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 13, 2018, 12:53:46 AM »
Meat loaf,
pinto beans,
hot chowchow,
real cornbread,
coleslaw ,
caffeine free coffee & no fat cherry jello.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:55:56 AM by crazyhorse »

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 13, 2018, 02:55:22 AM »
A mess of black eyed peas, cooked cabbage, tomato/basil soup, and cornbread.

Online Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 13, 2018, 07:23:48 PM »
G'day All,
I did a: NED Kelly Pie", which I make with minced Beef,  bacon ,  & mixed veggies,cooked thickened & cooled. I place this in a pie bottom pastry over a pile of grated vintage cheddar cheese & crack 4 whole eggs on top  with some grated cheese & tomato slices & bake till the pastry is done & the egg topping is cooked through& golden. This lot was washed down with a coffee.
      Regards Pete
Life is like a roll of toilet paper, The closer you get to the end the faster it goes, So don't waste any of it!!

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 14, 2018, 09:39:33 AM »

wow,Tazzy....that sounds wonderful!!!!

woodchip gardener

« Reply #970 on: March 15, 2018, 07:01:59 AM »
hi tazzy

i could leave out the bacon and these sound like a good meal!  i think i have a pie crust in the freezer.  i will try these!  thanks for the dinner inspiration!

Online Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 15, 2018, 10:47:33 PM »
G'day Guys,
It is an easy make & A little tip is if the pie top is browning quicker than the pie  bottom is cooking I just use a couple of folds of  Aluminum foil over the top to slow the browning {The history of the pie is ,Ned Kelly" was a Bush ranger out here in the 1800s & some Pastrycook started making these down Glenrowan way in Victoria where this Ned  Kelly Lived .It was developed around 1970s and him being a creative sod ,he  named them after Ned..
             Regards Pete

woodchip gardener

« Reply #972 on: March 19, 2018, 08:06:17 AM »
hub voted down the ned kelly pie thing.  i think the egg part did him in.  i am going to copy the info into my recipe file and see if i can get my daughter to try them with me when she gets home from college.  they sound delish.

last night i kinda winged it for dinner.  i cooked off some thin cut beef strips.  i dumped in water and a packet of mushroom rice from knorr.  once that got done i stirred in the leftover french onion dip i had left in the fridge and a small can of mushroom pieces (drained).  i let it cook a bit longer to thicken it up and served it with a side of peas and some cut up fruit.  i have to say, it turned out pretty good.  it tasted sort of like beef stroganoff but with rice instead of noodles.  hub liked it and ate a bunch of it.  woo! 

Online Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 21, 2018, 06:14:56 AM »
G'day All,
Tonight we did some Crumbed chilli chicken breast strips with a garden salad for desert we had a custard tart slice all washed down with a creaming soda.
                       Regards  Pete

Online Rabbitproof

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 21, 2018, 09:47:25 AM »
Prime rib, mashed potatoes, fresh asparagus, squash.

Offline crazyhorse

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #975 on: March 21, 2018, 10:36:08 PM »
Baked chicken,
boiled cabbage,
real cornbread,
Diet Pepsi &  baked sweet tater.

Online Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 22, 2018, 12:36:27 AM »
G'day All,
Tonight we have a Lamb Shank Stew, with mashed Sweet potato & potato together with other vegies.
                Regards pete

Online Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 23, 2018, 04:02:06 AM »
G'day all,
Tonight we have an olde English Pork Pie washed down with a couple of Cleansing Ales.
Regards Pete

Online Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 24, 2018, 03:04:18 AM »
G'day All,
Tonight's repast is a slow cooked hearty Itallian Minestrone soup with crusty bread rolls & a drizzle of our ginger vincotto in the center, washed down with an Irish breakfast Tea .
       regards Pete

Offline Vince6424

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 25, 2018, 07:48:29 AM »
minestrone soup tonight

1/2 acre bush block in the Perth Hills, Australia