Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 238 times)

Online 1shotwade

• Grasshopper
  • The hoosier hills of southeast Indiana
    • View Profile
What would you do?
« on: July 11, 2019, 06:31:56 PM »
Really interested in how Y'all would handle this. I'm up in the air about it.

I purchased some seed from a company I have been graduating toward for a couple of years now. Most varieties were fine, but some were not so fine as others.

I'm not immune to mistakes so is set aside two varieties of lettuce as a dual control, then took 9 varieties of seed that were suspect. All were 10 seeds each, placed on a napkin, and into individual ziplock bags and dampened with a spray bottle. All were sealed with airspace and on the same heat mat set at 68*. One was an onion variety and the rest were leafy greens.

At the end of 6 days, I checked the germination. 6 of the nine were 80% or above. That is satisfactory. One, the onion, was 60%, one lettuce was 30% and another 20%.

I took my time and carefully worded an Email to the company of my findings in detail and politely suggested they check their method and or procedures of verifying seed viability.
 It's been over three weeks now, plenty of time for them to check their seed stock to verify my findings, and plenty of time to respond to my email. I have not heard a thing!

I can only assume this means they don't really care about your input, or the satisfaction of their customers, or the quality or viability of the seed they are selling.

I may be way off base here so I am asking"What would you do?"
Wade

Looks like I'm going to need more ammo!

Offline Double B

• Dirt Dabber
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 09:34:35 PM »
I would call and first verify that they received your email. If they have and choose to ignore it, then there’s your answer. I would then move on to another company with better service. Sometimes things get mixed up especially electronically. If they won’t make it right just move on to a better vendor.
Very sorry to see you are having this trouble.
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere Z950M

Online Maggie13

• Dirt Dabber
  • built-incabinets.com
    • View Profile
    • built-incabinets.com
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 06:31:42 AM »
I agree and would do the same. Give  them a call.
21' X 48' High Tunnel
Knox, New York   zone 4B

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/ny/knox/12107

Offline 2010 National Champs

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 01:54:33 PM »
sounds like reimer seed co
vocal supporter for Seeds and Such Seed Co

Online 1shotwade

• Grasshopper
  • The hoosier hills of southeast Indiana
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 02:40:33 PM »
NO, but it is a very prominent seed company with a national following in heirlooms.
Wade
Looks like I'm going to need more ammo!