Author Topic: RIP Donald, aka Webcajun  (Read 2566 times)

Offline MikeM

• Sprout
  • Used to be MikeCHS
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Donald, aka Webcajun
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2019, 07:57:54 PM »
This is not what I expected to see when I logged on.  Rest In Peace Mr. Donald and know that you will be in a ton of memories for years to come.
Shepherds Hill Farm - Zone 7a
L3200 Kubota with loader and box blade. Husqvarna rear tine tiller
19 acres in southern Middle TN

Offline Joe In Dirt

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2019, 07:59:09 PM »
I am sadden to hear of the lost of a good man, he was kind and had a great sense of humor mixed with a world of wisdom, I explained him to a friend one day that Donald was a "Well Spring of Wisdom" will miss what he had to say, he and Mary were so pleasant to be around, I have all the CD's that he had for sale so I can see him again until that day, to his family to us he was great and I am sure he was a great Dad, thanks you Donald for what you did for so many people, Joe
Joe-In-Dirt

Online Gymgirl

• Sprout
  • Zone 9a, SE Houston near Hobby Airport
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2019, 10:33:25 AM »
ZOOK,

If you're in touch with Donald, Jr. about the website, please ask him to give us advance notice if he intends to shut down the site, so we can all plan to rendezvous on another site, all together.  We can let each other know, and make sure everyone's on board.

That would allay a lot of fears about trying to log in, one day, and the site is just gone.

Thanks!
230.5 sf of raised bed gardening; the "eBucket Queen" :-* ; Geobin composters; Mittleider "in-the-garden greenhouse" & PVC A-frame mini-greenhouses; compost fork with a green handle; coffee grinds & bunny berries forever; baby shampoo forever; cedar fence pickets forever, PVC hoops and hoop covers, forever! :-*

Offline crazyhorse

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2019, 01:49:01 AM »
Mrs Gymgirl, that is a good idea.

Offline Greg

• Grasshopper
  • Zone 5b - Pierce Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2019, 10:29:59 AM »
I credit Donald for making me serious about gardening. I bought my house and land because of this forum.

I learned so much from his videos. I actually taught a community class on container gardening after Donald showed me how to make the self watering containers. There were a lot of people that wanted to do it, they just didn't know how and I was able to pass on what Donald taught me.

I'm incredibly sad.

-Greg
LS XJ2025 25hp Tractor - FEL, middle buster, row hippers and a rototiller - 1.1 acres, Pierce, Colorado

Click for weather forecast

Offline mater

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2019, 11:58:49 PM »
  I have not been able to verify this about our Donald, but I have found an Obituary for a "Donald Ducote" from the same area for his passing away on May 29th of this year. 

I hope this is the information that may have started this.  I pray our friend is still with us.
  T Bird

I sure hate to hear this.  I don't use a computer as much as I used to.  Just thought I'd check in and I find this.....Donald was a wealth of wisdom on gardening and I learned so much from him.  His videos were so relaxing to watch and informative.  I'll pray for his family as I know he will be sorely missed.

Offline 2010 National Champs

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2019, 07:42:17 AM »
  I have not been able to verify this about our Donald, but I have found an Obituary for a "Donald Ducote" from the same area for his passing away on May 29th of this year. 

I hope this is the information that may have started this.  I pray our friend is still with us.
  T Bird

I sure hate to hear this.  I don't use a computer as much as I used to.  Just thought I'd check in and I find this.....Donald was a wealth of wisdom on gardening and I learned so much from him.  His videos were so relaxing to watch and informative.  I'll pray for his family as I know he will be sorely missed.
stay in touch....hippiewillie and bobby are doing wonderful things
vocal supporter for Seeds and Such Seed Co