Author Topic: The Bayou Gardener Family  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Boudin

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
Re: The Bayou Gardener Family
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2019, 09:11:39 AM »
I'm sitting out the whole social media thing, but I'll get my wife to monitor the FB page, if somebody would be so kind to post up where this all leads in the event of this site going away.  This is the best bunch of folks Ive ever found on a forum anywhere on the net and I'd like to stay involved. 
Watson La. 8B

Offline catgrass

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2019, 09:25:47 AM »
Im in, wherever we go.  I am already on the Cajun Gardener facebook page-but it doesn't get a whole lot of activity-but I still like it. 
Watch where you're going, not where you've been

Online bigboberta

• Sprout
  • Making Gumbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2019, 10:50:17 AM »
I will follow wherever it goes. O don't post often, but I go to the site every day at least once and check the posts. I love this Bayou Gardener family.

Bob
Bob Guidry, Retired Firefighter.

Zone 8b.
Mahindra 3525
2.5 acres
Easleyville, LA

Online bigboberta

• Sprout
  • Making Gumbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2019, 11:03:19 AM »
Willie I went to the site, can't figure how to post pictures, can you help?

Bob
Bob Guidry, Retired Firefighter.

Zone 8b.
Mahindra 3525
2.5 acres
Easleyville, LA

Offline Ragun Gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • Lafayette La
    • View Profile
    • Lil Bits of Home
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2019, 11:30:38 AM »
Willie I went to the site, can't figure how to post pictures, can you help?

Bob

Click on the big R=Respond. Then at the bottom left you'll see "Drag files here to attach, or choose files... " Click on choose files and a pop up screen will show up in your "pictures" folder from your computer. Click a pic and press open at the bottom and it should load the pic unless it's too big and then you'll get a warning about the size.

Offline Hippie Willie

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2019, 04:23:00 PM »
Willie, Would it not be easer to just keep this site going? Everyone is familiar with it and already logged on.  I'll help anyway I can PM me if you want to chat off line.

Thank Zook

Like I said it's whatever the members would prefer. Donald has all his domain names, thebayougardener.com, and webcajun.com registered at Go Daddy. Do any of the family members have access to his Go Daddy webhosting account? If Donald was paying monthly or yearly, that I do not know. If the children, closes his account at the bank that his webhosting account is being paid from, this site will get terminated.

Based on the info I can gather webcajun.com will expire 07-05-2020 and thebayougardener.com will expire 10-27-2019.

I have the server resources and the forum software that would be available at No Cost. Hope to see or hear on a solution soon.

Offline 2010 National Champs

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2019, 05:30:30 PM »
I left a message for bobby on his youtube channel to see if he can come and help us out.  I am good with about anything, as long as we stay together...hippiewillie's website did great as far as my post
vocal supporter for Seeds and Such Seed Co

Offline Ragun Gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • Lafayette La
    • View Profile
    • Lil Bits of Home
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2019, 09:39:00 PM »
Bobby's ears must be ringing, check out his new video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LQiKIKRanE

Offline Double B

• Dirt Dabber
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2019, 06:58:48 AM »
Hippie Willie,
I have become a member of your trial site and I am very grateful for your efforts to keep us together as a group and a forum.
As others have said, this site has been such a blessing to be a friendly place for us members as well as many other non members who stop by to read and learn, I canít imagine not having it to visit it daily.

Thank you again,
Double B
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere Z950M

Online Gymgirl

• Sprout
  • Zone 9a, SE Houston near Hobby Airport
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2019, 08:45:54 AM »
I watched Bobby's latest video las night, and, , I believe he has been approached by someone about manning Donald's website. 

After consulting with his wife, Susan (imstillworkin), I heard in the video that they BOTH would be honored to take up the torch and keep Donald's legacy and mission going through the Bayou Gardener website.  They are all about sharing and caring for the gardening community.

Ya'll go check out the video, and lmk if ya'll hear the same thing.

Jus' sayin'.....
230.5 sf of raised bed gardening; the "eBucket Queen" :-* ; Geobin composters; Mittleider "in-the-garden greenhouse" & PVC A-frame mini-greenhouses; compost fork with a green handle; coffee grinds & bunny berries forever; baby shampoo forever; cedar fence pickets forever, PVC hoops and hoop covers, forever! :-*

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2019, 09:48:13 AM »
If this one goes down, i do feel better now that we found out how smart hippiewillie is!!!!!!!

i spent my life bass fishing....i worked a job that allowed me to come and go as i pleased, and i made my work schedule to fit my fishing, which was almost every day.....things change over time, namely age and health....we moved back to where i was raised, and my wife didn't think i ought to be going off by myself anymore due to side effects from chemo(balance, hearing loss, memory/cognitive problems) so i took up gardening.....i didn't know my ass from my elbow about gardening!....i mean bordercollie had to instruct me how to run my troybilt after i chased the damn thing all around my garden on this hard soil, the first time i ran it...it damn near killed me....now, i am considered the best gardener in this part of the country and i have people call me all the time for advice....its all due to donald and the folks on this forum, many who have who have passed away....i asked stupid questions, i watched donalds videos, listened to other members and i researched things myself....my local hardware store now has a thriving pond fertilizer business due to me, because i found that it would double production on squash, tomatoes,pepper, etc and much cheaper, much much cheaper than miracle grow....every success that i have is due to this forum, and donalds and bobbys videos.....

i hope we can have bobby jump in and tie up with us with his videos, and interact with us like donald did....bobbys feet might be a little small to fit in donalds shoes, but thats okay....we can just get him some thicker socks....we are so lucky to have hippiewillie because i just feel like his computer and internet skills are going to be what holds us together.....time will tell

i know we are all older( i know damn well that i am) but this forum means much more than just being about a garden....a large percentage of my friends have passed away around here....the little store/resturant that used to be busy all of the time, the meeting place for what i proclaimed as the "dead pecker club," is now just staying afloat....the DPC used to fill it up in the morning with breakfast/coffee drinkers, now maybe 4-5 at a time...

.this forum is where i go to get away from the situation in our country....i don't get angry here...

well, enough rambling...case in point?...we have to stay together...........mike

Offline Ragun Gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • Lafayette La
    • View Profile
    • Lil Bits of Home
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2019, 09:50:31 AM »
I watched Bobby's latest video las night, and, , I believe he has been approached by someone about manning Donald's website. 

After consulting with his wife, Susan (imstillworkin), I heard in the video that they BOTH would be honored to take up the torch and keep Donald's legacy and mission going through the Bayou Gardener website.  They are all about sharing and caring for the gardening community.

Ya'll go check out the video, and lmk if ya'll hear the same thing.

Jus' sayin'.....

Here's your answer, he can't post here so he posted on the test site.
https://beta.avoyellesparishonline.com/index.php?/topic/2-welcome/&do=findComment&comment=30

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2019, 02:03:40 PM »
ragun, we did the gumbo and it turned out pretty good....we used shotgun reds (RIP) recipe and the stuff gets   better every day...we gonna' do your stewed chicken next

Offline Ragun Gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • Lafayette La
    • View Profile
    • Lil Bits of Home
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2019, 03:42:49 PM »
I'm glad you like it and I'm looking forward to you graduating to a Cajun gumbo. Send Red my roux video and tell him it doesn't take an hour to make a roux!! ;D

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2019, 04:04:19 PM »
I'm glad you like it and I'm looking forward to you graduating to a Cajun gumbo. Send Red my roux video and tell him it doesn't take an hour to make a roux!! ;D
I can't, he died last year

Online 1shotwade

• Grasshopper
  • The hoosier hills of southeast Indiana
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2019, 04:11:34 PM »
Looks like I'm going to need more ammo!

Offline nuggethound

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2019, 04:28:42 PM »
I can host the bayou gardener forum on my server FREE of charge. However it would be a different forum software that's much more updated than the one that's in use now. The forum software is compatible with PC's, Tablets and Cell Phones.

The only issue would be the domain name. I can register: "thebayougardener.org" or "thebayougardener.net"

If any of you members are interested to keep The Bayou Gardener Family together this way let me know and I can start working on that soon.

-Hippie

Could it be called TheBayouGardener2.0?

JB

« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 04:31:11 PM by nuggethound »
Retired in South Carolina.
Zone 8a

"Wasn't born here but got here as fast as I could".

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile

Online 1shotwade

• Grasshopper
  • The hoosier hills of southeast Indiana
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2019, 04:49:47 PM »
I even subscribe to his brother Larry's channel on youtube but somehow missed that! Thanks,
Wade
Looks like I'm going to need more ammo!

Offline USMC130FE

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2019, 02:29:15 PM »
Test site is gone, can't see Bobby's comment!
Sylvan Beach area, Northern NY, zone 4B