Author Topic: Yes, bigboberta, it IS hell when you get older!!!  (Read 162 times)

Offline Rabbitproof

• Dirt Dabber
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
Yes, bigboberta, it IS hell when you get older!!!
« on: September 06, 2019, 05:30:41 PM »
This was all in the past week and a half. They changed my older brother's BP meds. He bent over to plug in his cell phone and got dizzy and  when he raised up he fell into the door frame.....broke his nose,30 stitches in his face,and ruptured 2 discs right below a titanium plate he already had in his neck. Had surgery and now has burning pain, numbness,and weakness in his arms. Right after that then we hear that his in-laws, who are our good friends, also had bad news.....wife has lung cancer and looks to be metastatic to the brain. She had just had hip replacement surgery and was just getting back out on the golf course.Am just so shocked and sad about that. Right after that a very good friend from college was in a wreck and is paralyzed. Middle aged female driver who creamed her car was supposedly drinking and texting....haven't heard the final report on whether that is for sure or not. During that week, I was getting really paranoid about answering the phone. Too much to hear all at once! :(

Offline bordercollie

• Sprout
    • View Profile
Re: Yes, bigboberta, it IS hell when you get older!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 09:24:14 PM »
Rabbitproof,  That is indeed sad news coming in.     I'll sure put  them on my prayer list.
  I've noticed that our generation  seems to hit  those bumps in the road more and more often.  God bless you and your family and friends Rabbitproof .    judy
Central Mississippi

Offline crazyhorse

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 12:39:01 AM »
Mrs Rabbit, I am sorry to hear about that happening to  so many of you kin folk, friends and loved ones.
I pray for all that The Lord will heal , bless and comfort all of them .

Offline Rabbitproof

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 07:25:27 AM »
Judy and crazyhorse.....thank you so very much. Seems like sometimes when it rains, it pours, doesn't it? Also..seems like the radiologist "read too much" into the brain scan of my lung cancer friend ....neurologist says is NOT metastatic to the brain. There were lesions there(I think), but she said not bothersome at all.....what???  Hard to understand info coming from others in the family...not always stated in the most medically accurate way.  Oh well, all I need is to hear is the doc said no problem at all in the brain. Thank heavens....there is hope!

Offline crazyhorse

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 01:21:35 AM »
Mrs Rabbit , I thank The Lord for the good news.

I pray more  good news will come.

God Bless you and your family .

Offline Rabbitproof

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 05:22:26 AM »
Thank you, crazyhorse :)