Author Topic: Got any interesting news?  (Read 101066 times)

Online Rabbitproof

• Dirt Dabber
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
Re: Got any interesting news?
« Reply #760 on: March 31, 2019, 11:35:56 AM »
crayhorse....so interesting where all the symbols come from...I used to have a book of such but think I lost it in the move here...was fascinating reading.

Offline crazyhorse

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 11, 2019, 01:13:52 AM »
This is a reminder for all of us to use the proper eye protection (I am talking to myself)  when we are working.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/bees-discovered-living-womans-eye-still-intact-alive-110601280.html

Online Rabbitproof

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 11, 2019, 09:30:54 AM »
Yuck!!!!!!That is so weird. How in the world does that happen???

Online Rabbitproof

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 01, 2019, 07:40:20 AM »
I remember hearing about this dog some yrs ago....or maybe saw him perform on a tv show one time. Was amazing. All my dogs over the yrs have fascinated me with their intelligence...definitely had more than some people I see around  today ;D

Offline crazyhorse

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: August 02, 2019, 04:17:38 AM »
Mrs Rabbit, I agree.

I raised 2 setter bird dogs (at different times) and trained them to quail hunt.
Both were excellent quail hunters. They would do it all , point, back, retrieve and followed hand commands as well as voice commands.
I kept them until they died and still miss them today.
There were many other things they would and could do that was not related to quail hunting.
Some day I hope to post some of the things I taught them to do that you don't see any more.
They were good , friendly, well mannered dogs .
They were in no way as smart as Chaser, the worlds smartest dog.

Online Rabbitproof

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 02, 2019, 08:10:10 AM »
crazyhorse...I sort of trained my French Brittany spaniel to find stuff....she had a "scent "nose on her that was awesome. I always regretted not having her trained for search and rescue..she was perfect for that. If I made hamburger patties on a Monday and washed my hands thoroughly many,many times, she would still be sniffing on my hands 3 days later! Also she could  go find her toys,etc no matter where I hid them. We used to play hide and seek....she could find anyone or anything. My sweet "Cookie"...I surely do miss her!

Offline crazyhorse

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 19, 2019, 01:46:41 AM »
This may not be too interesting , but here goes. ;D

On Thursday, September 19 at 19 minutes and 19 seconds past 9, it will be

9/19/19 9:19:19   ;D 

Online bordercollie

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 20, 2019, 06:37:37 PM »
I sure love my puppy and the ones  that have gone before as well. I guess you know what breed Dixie is by  my avatar. :)  but I loved all of my special friends and miss them very much.
Central Mississippi

Offline crazyhorse

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 26, 2019, 04:24:37 AM »
Dr Judy , when I read this I thought of you.
Also  all the rest of us that has ever lost a pet.
so check this out .

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/living/story/couple-quits-job-month-search-find-lost-dog-65796178
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 04:27:15 AM by crazyhorse »

Online bordercollie

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 27, 2019, 07:58:52 AM »
Mr Horse. That is a wonderful story. !!!!    I'm so happy that it turned out good . :)  I've heard of dogs traveling hundreds of miles to get back home but never had seen this video.  Thank you so much for posting !!!! :) :) :)  judy
Central Mississippi

Online Rabbitproof

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 27, 2019, 03:30:45 PM »
crazyhorse....The ones I feel sorry for are the folks who cannot afford to quit jobs to search for their beloved pets. I cancelled clients one day in order to search for mine, so I can understand the panic. Fortunately, during that day I got a call from someone who had found him.....I had our name and phone number on his collar. I was one ecstatic  person, I can assure you. The A/C repair man had not latched the gate securely the evening before, and it had opened some. From that point on, I checked the gate as soon anyone left the back yard. A bad feeling to call your dog in for the night , and he is nowhere to be found!! We drove around til midnight to no avail....was a LONG night after that!

Offline crazyhorse

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 13, 2019, 03:44:16 AM »
I hope everyone finds this interesting even though it is old , I got to reading and the more I read , the more interesting it became, so here goes.
Read the comments

This is about a prisoner named Glenn Sherley at Greystone Chapel at Folsom  State Prison.

https://youtu.be/HEsSOFwPbws?list=RDHEsSOFwPbws
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 03:46:20 AM by crazyhorse »

Offline crazyhorse

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 25, 2019, 10:53:18 PM »
This may have been posted before, but if it keeps someone from getting this disease it is well worth posting again.
If you have not read or was not aware of this , PLEASE take the time to read it.

https://news.yahoo.com/dog-owner-63-dies-after-suffering-multiorgan-failure-when-his-pet-licked-him-104010320.html

Online Rabbitproof

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 26, 2019, 08:23:27 AM »
This is why I cringe when I see people let dogs lick them and their kids in the mouth....ugh!! Also, I would bet this man is immune compromised to begin with..those are usually the ones who get these types of abnormal things.

Online bordercollie

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 26, 2019, 09:32:21 AM »
 Wow ! that's scary !!!!  Thanks for posting- I don't let my pup lick on me but sometimes she slips one in . :o
Central Mississippi