Author Topic: What's the weather like in your area ?  (Read 168288 times)

Offline Double B

• Dirt Dabber
  • Zone 9, Crosby, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: What's the weather like in your area ?
« Reply #1500 on: September 09, 2018, 09:21:40 PM »
All our best hopes and wishes for you Daniel. We will pray that you don't suffer any damage from this storm.

It looks like the Atlantic is loaded up with storms and it always puts us on edge this time of year. Please continue to check in periodically so we know you are safe and sound.

Double B
14.08 acres, John Deere 5055E, Stevens Row Hippers and cultivator, 8' Bush Hog, 74" Frontier Tiller, John Deere Z950M

Offline Boudreaux in Eunice La.

• Sprout
  • Zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: September 09, 2018, 10:16:54 PM »
We also have another member on here.........  Allen D and he lives in Newport N. Carolina not but 30 or so miles from another good friend of mine that is further inland from the coast.....

Allen is a retired  Marine Master Sarge and is friends with another member on here...Steve up in New York......

I sure do hope the BEST for those families in the path of the storm.....  Any where the eye hits there will be MAJOR damage within 100 or so miles north of landfall........... Tidal surge flooding and the Outer Banks islands will be a total loss if the eye moves more north...... 

Lets hope and PRAY that it doesn't even hit the coast at all...........
I'm a optimist. Pessimists think all girls are bad. The optimist hope he's right ~!~!

Click for weather forecast

Offline bigboberta

• Sprout
  • Making Gumbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: September 10, 2018, 08:48:40 AM »
Stay safe Daniel. Property can be replaced.

Bob
Bob Guidry, Retired Firefighter.

Zone 8b.
Mahindra 3525
2.5 acres
Easleyville, LA

Online jimmiec

• Sprout
  • LA (Zone 9a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: September 11, 2018, 02:32:39 PM »
yeah be safe.  Praying the hurricane does not stall on the coast.
OH grown
Transplanted to Lafayette, LA (Zone 9a)
Newbie (6th season) home gardener growing in raised beds annuals (generally 4'x20'), perennials, and fruit using non-mechanical, organic, and bio-intensive methods.

Offline HuntNC

• Grasshopper
  • NC Zone 7B
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: September 12, 2018, 07:20:22 AM »
Not looking good for this weekend... Looks like we are in for a wet windy mess...

Offline Maggie13

• Dirt Dabber
  • built-incabinets.com
    • View Profile
    • built-incabinets.com
« Reply #1505 on: September 12, 2018, 01:36:59 PM »
Daniel ,Allen and all of our members in the path of this monster. Please be smart and get out of her path.
  Stay safe and check in when you can to let us know you and your family are ok.
My prayers are with all of you.
21' X 48' High Tunnel
Knox, New York   zone 4B

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/ny/knox/12107

Offline bordercollie

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: September 12, 2018, 04:22:02 PM »
Daniel and other members  in the path - thinking of ya'll. Please be careful -What the other members has already said.  ...
Central Mississippi

Online Gymgirl

• Sprout
  • Zone 9a, SE Houston near Hobby Airport
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: September 12, 2018, 04:23:13 PM »
Word to the Father, already sent!

Godspeed to you all on the coast.
230.5 sf of raised bed gardening; the "eBucket Queen" :-* ; Geobin composters; Mittleider "in-the-garden greenhouse" & PVC A-frame mini-greenhouses; compost fork with a green handle; coffee grinds & bunny berries forever; baby shampoo forever; cedar fence pickets forever, PVC hoops and hoop covers, forever! :-*

Online Ragun Gardener

• Sprout
  • Lafayette La
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: September 12, 2018, 05:13:40 PM »
Good Luck to everyone in it's path and have patience dealing with getting out or stockpiling supplies if you're staying for the ride. I personally love the adrenaline rush and getting prepared to keep life as normal as possible after the storm. Stock up on gas, propane, chainsaw blades and a generator is a must own, go buy a small window A/C to use at night in one room so you get rest. Cleanup is gonna be up to you and you might need to use the chainsaw to clear streets for supplies and help your neighbors.

This is looking like it's setting up like Hurricane Floyd that moved slow and dumped massive rain but it's gonna have stronger winds. The best you can hope for is it drops wind speed as soon as it hits(before would be great) and turns into a rain event that moves out faster than expected.

I saw ads on Facebook from "The Cajun Navy" asking for volunteers and our two local electric companies have already committed to supply trucks and personnel. That means help is already planned and recovery will begin as soon as possible.

Good Luck, stay safe and don't worry about material things!

Online Rabbitproof

• Dirt Dabber
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: September 12, 2018, 06:18:00 PM »
My cousin lives in Charleston and thank heavens FINALLY today decided to clear out. She and her puppy hopped in a car and headed out this morning to Fla. I know she hated to leave her new house but came to her senses after a some moments of hesitation. Prayers for all you folks who will be affected.

Offline GopherBroke

• Sprout
  • Half Haas Farm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: September 12, 2018, 07:39:58 PM »
Our local electric company has already sent line repair trucks poles an wire that way so there is going to be lots of help on the way to move in when it is safe for them.  Mutual aid agreements really work.  RG is correct in his supplies an a lot of the first work will have to be done by good neighbors.  Be safe.
zone 5b Half Haas Farm
Bill
Riley, Indiana for the summer

Offline bordercollie

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: September 12, 2018, 08:28:36 PM »
My cousin lives in Charleston and thank heavens FINALLY today decided to clear out. She and her puppy hopped in a car and headed out this morning to Fla. I know she hated to leave her new house but came to her senses after a some moments of hesitation. Prayers for all you folks who will be affected.
Rabbitproof, my niece and her husband were just transferred to Kansas from Charleston this summer. It is such a beautiful place.  You need to be ready for a lot of rain and spin off storms too .  God bless ya'll and watch over those  in the storms path.  judy
Central Mississippi

Offline HuntNC

• Grasshopper
  • NC Zone 7B
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: September 13, 2018, 06:42:02 AM »
now that the path has changed somewhat... tornadoes will be our biggest threat.... the folks at the coast another story... storm surges are going to be unreal and may contain alligators in places they wouldnt go otherwise!... my cousin lives near Calabash and is not leaving... there is a big marsh right behind his house... honestly i have no clue what he's thinking... it's already dark and gloomy here and the storm is at sea. 

Online Rabbitproof

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: September 13, 2018, 08:42:11 AM »
Judy....wish we could get a little spin off rain here....not much of anything on the radar for us, so I am irrigating today.  HuntNC....hope your cousin changes his mind and leaves. Always wanted to go to Calabash after seeing a tv show about their awesome fresh seafood restaurants. The seafood restaurants here leave a lot to be desired!!

Offline bigboberta

• Sprout
  • Making Gumbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: September 13, 2018, 10:47:09 AM »
Praying for all people in the path of the storm, may God protect you.

Bob
Bob Guidry, Retired Firefighter.

Zone 8b.
Mahindra 3525
2.5 acres
Easleyville, LA

Offline HuntNC

• Grasshopper
  • NC Zone 7B
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: September 16, 2018, 08:25:16 AM »
Wind and rain today.. cousin is ok..this is the slowest moving storm

Offline whitestrout

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: September 16, 2018, 09:38:33 AM »
Hot..Hot..Hot..  Yesterday 96 degrees HI 108-112. I need to transplant collards and kale but they would die in the noon sun.
Mulch It, Don't Till it, leave the top soil on top.

Offline HuntNC

• Grasshopper
  • NC Zone 7B
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: September 20, 2018, 09:08:01 AM »
Hot yesterday, they are missing the weather around here... 93... suppose to start cooling down next week...

Online whiskydog

• Global Moderator
  • Grasshopper
  • Dallas Ga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: September 20, 2018, 09:21:10 AM »
So hot and dry here, all ya do is shuck and add salt and butter to  the pop corn..

eating popcorn on the cob.. 8) 8) 8)
If I'm not having problems,, I'm not doing it right..

Zone 7 Northwest Ga.

Online Rabbitproof

• Dirt Dabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: September 20, 2018, 03:55:23 PM »
We were 90 and humid today....ugh!! Still is a crazy yr!