Author Topic: Update on my garden  (Read 1214 times)

Offline PoconoPits

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
    • Facebook profile
Update on my garden
« on: April 27, 2016, 04:52:37 PM »
Everything is in the ground except flowers and okra, which I will be planting this weekend because it will be above 40 degrees for the low. Sorry there was no editing done im workin on my computer getting it fixed.   https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Fif3zcOhqcU

Offline Ragun Gardener

• Sprout
  • Lafayette La
    • View Profile
Re: Update on my garden
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 08:20:57 AM »
You've been a busy man. I can see you put some work in the soil, very nice. You have just about everything but corn, is that coming later?

Offline Maggie13

• Sprout
  • built-incabinets
    • View Profile
    • built-incabinets.com
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 06:19:23 PM »
Your garden looks fabulous!
21' X 48' High Tunnel
Knox, New York   zone 4B

Offline woodchip gardener

• Dirt Dabber
  • zone 7 - above Charlotte NC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 08:47:25 PM »
wow pocono!  you have a lot of stuff growing!  i really like the wide variety of things you have.   you will have a food jungle when all that gets big!

can I ask, why put sunflowers in your garden bed?  i would be afraid they would attract birds and/or drop seed at the end of the season. 
Inch by inch, row by row
Someone bless these seeds I sow
Someone warm them from below
Till the rain comes tumblin' down
-The Garden Song

Offline PoconoPits

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
    • Facebook profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 09:01:29 PM »
You've been a busy man. I can see you put some work in the soil, very nice. You have just about everything but corn, is that coming later?

Thank you very much for following! As for corn, no corn atleast this year. Takes up a lot of space and to be honest, a local farm around here has about the best corn I've ever had. I love to support them anytime I can. However it is my ultimate goal to be completely self sufficient with my garden so the time will come that I will plant it. I need to expand the garden first. More to that then just tilling more ground for me. Thanks! 
  -Trevor

Offline PoconoPits

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
    • Facebook profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 09:07:21 PM »
wow pocono!  you have a lot of stuff growing!  i really like the wide variety of things you have.   you will have a food jungle when all that gets big!

can I ask, why put sunflowers in your garden bed?  i would be afraid they would attract birds and/or drop seed at the end of the season.

Sunflowers are in the garden because without the fence the white tails would have them in a second! I'm growing them to try and harvest the seeds. I am more worried about them blocking too much sun then I am about the birds. I've never had a problem with birds before besides wild turkeys scratching around. Thank you for the kind words i appreciate it a lot!